We are in the mid of a COVID-19 crisis, it is affecting the whole world in two main ways:
1 – Our mental and body healthy
2 – The world economy
We will not enter in those problems, our objective here is to show how to keep our mind and body healthy while we stay at home.
For this we have separated 4 pilates exercises that can help us to go through this moment of tension in a lighter and healthier way.
Remember, before start to do any exercise it is recommended to talk to your doctor.
Pilates health benefits are well known / studied and do not represent a trend. Including the fact that these benefits are boosted with a healthy diet.
Follow this link If you wanna read more about yoga and pilates benefits.
We have separated 7 easy “for beginners” Pilates exercises so you can start practicing 2-3 times per week.
– benefits: strengthen core muscles (abs, back, pubis)
– lie flat with your legs squeezed togethers, arms stretched over your head. Inhale and slowly raise your arms, shoulders and upper body till you are seated while exhaling
– 6 to 8 repetitions
– benefits: strengthen abs, lower back, thigh and buttocks muscles
– lie on your back with your knees bent facing the ceiling. Sturdy arms by your side. Inhale and slowly raise your pubis, lower back to shoulders. Exhale while lifting one of your legs straight-forward towards the ceiling
– 6 to 8 repetitions each leg
– benefits: strengthen paravertebral and abs muscles
– kneel in “dog position”, keeping a strong, stable and abs squeeze contraction and back straightforward. Inhale, and slowly raise your left leg and right arm straight forward positions. They must be parallel to the floor. Exhale and repeat for right leg and left arm.
– 10 repetitions each side
– benefits: strengthen lower back, buttocks, paravertebral and abs muscles
– lie on your back and extend your legs, straightforward, towards the ceiling. The must be perpendicular to the floor. Put your hands behind your head and strengthen your abs (you can gently raise 15º keeping your upper body straightforward). Switch legs while one points to the ceiling and the other hovers above the floor (scissor movement). Remember to inhale and exhale.
– 8 full repetitions
One of its key advantages is no restriction for practice. Nevertheless, always consult a certified professional to assist and support you.