Doesn’t matter if you are a high-performance athlete or just practices exercise for a healthy lifestyle: you have a goal regarding “why” you practice exercises.
By the way, a healthy menu is key to obtain your goals. It is as important as sleeping hours and the correct and planned practice of exercises. And it must be according to type, intensity, regularity, practice hours etc of the exercises you practice. Basically, the amount of carbohydrates and proteins will vary according to:
– exercises and practices involving high levels of energy consumption
– complex carbohydrates: provide long-term energy and satiety
– examples: whole grain base food, lentils, chickpeas, carrots, peanuts
– exercises and practices involving increase of muscle mass
– proteins: provide muscle building “inputs”
– examples: chicken meat, salmon fish meat, tuna fish meat, egg, cheese, avocado, milk derivatives , beans
All diets should include a variety of food options, among the Australian food groups. And always follow a certified professional guidance.
Follow the link to know more about Nutrition
Also some good information from Luana Marchi below:
Nutrition for Endurance Running
What to Eat Post-Workout
Fat for Endurance Athletes
Simple Nutrition Tips for an Endurance Athlete